Thursday, June 18, 2009

Story-The Black Shadow

The Black Shadow
By: Pressilia



Night time again my favourite part or the day when you can just go to sleep and forget about all you’re worries. I prepared myself for bed wash my face brush my teeth prepare my cloths for tomorrow. I sat silently in my bed thinking deeply in to my thoughts I look at the clock it was 11:34 pm at this time everyone is asleep except me it was never easy for me to sleep although I never knew why. Maybe if I listened to my music I could sleep, maybe something gentle soothing I search the songs on my I-pod and found the perfect song Bella’s Lullaby I have loved that song ever since I herd it was just so beautiful. But I herd something else then the song, something like a cry for help in the background and it was coming from downstairs I stop the music to hear it better but the only thing I herd was complete silence. I turned the music back on and I herd it again but louder I stop my music again and then I herd it, it was like 2 birds getting a shock or a very scratchy scream or maybe a cat in pain crying for help, and I herd a few footsteps. Then I herd the weirdest voice, I couldn’t tell what the hell it was saying, and I could still hear the scratchy sound in the background. I was getting more scared by the minute. A million and one question are just swirling in my head, who was doing those noises? Was it a burglar? What does he want and who would rob a house at this time? Isin’t it a bit too early? And what on earth is doing that annoying screaming? I got to a conclusion the only way to find out is to go downstairs myself I’m the only one to help that weird person or animal that’s doing those sounds. At first I was way too scared to move after a few minutes I got up but realised what would I do if the burglar has a gun or some other weapon? I look in my drawer trying to make the less sound as possible for him no to know that someone else is awake. The only good thing that I found was a pen that could protect me and some old dental floss the pen is for sticking it in his leg so he won’t get away or run and the dental floss is to strangle him If things get way out of hand. I took a deep breath and I heading to the stairs, each step I took made me question whether or not I should be doing this, at the end of the stairs I felt the cold floor underneath my feet that made me shiver. The screaming was getting louder and the foot steps. I started walking threw the halls trying to find out were the sound it coming from. It was from the living room as I was about to turn the corner and unveil this person I saw a shadow coming towards me a big black shadow I couldn’t tell much about it only that it was a shadow of a man, a big man actually. The shadow was getting bigger and bigger I was solid stiff I couldn’t move because of my fear and the burglar came right in front of me it was dark and the only light in the house was coming from behind him leaving his face in shadows he was holding a knife in his right hand then he lifted it up I though he was going to stab me but he was heading for the light switch behind me, as the lights turn on all my fear turn into foolishness. the so called burglar was my dad and the knife that he had was actually a big marker “Amy? What are you still doing? It’s late and you have school tomorrow?” he said “Dad?” I said in a surprised voice “Well…I herd these weird noises like someone screaming for help and I was wondering what it was” I continued in a hesitated voice “Oh that was me I was writing on the card board those marker aren’t that good ” he said in a amusing voice as I look behind him there were 2 big white cardboards and on both of them written in big red bold letters APARTMENT FOR RENT he’s renting our old apartment, everything made complete sense now and I realised how foolish I acted tonight “Oh well ummm ok I’m going to go to sleep now” I turn around and I was practically running to the stairs and I though I herd a chuckle from my dad when I went in my room got into bed and started thinking of how stupid I acted but in a weird was it was an awesome quest you might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment